Careers | Foundations Associate Director
Want to disrupt education & impact billions?
We're looking for people who are:
- Mission driven to make an impact
- Passionate about mentoring and working with kids
- Excited about solving problems and emerging tech
About The Knowledge Society
It's so clear to me that TKS alumni will start billion-dollar companies that tackle important problems."
We are looking for a full-time Associate Director to help lead our Toronto Foundations program for students between 11-13 years old.
Your job will be to help set the foundation in building "Olympic level" CEOs, innovators, thought leaders, and researchers who will create an exciting future. You'll be working with cohorts of 30 students per cohort. The program is held in person on the weekends and runs for a duration of ten months.
As the program is held on the weekend, your week will be flexible – this time will be spent with the Foundations Program Director in preparing for the sessions, supporting the students and building your own knowledge / skill set. At TKS, we've developed a curriculum and learning process that is designed to accelerate the development of young people ready for the future. You should also expect to grow significantly in this role and learn about technologies, problems and expand your own network.
The Foundations Program
In Foundations, the focus is on:
- Developing internal and external confidence.
- Predicting the future and thinking about how the world is evolving.
- Providing exposure to global issues, perspectives, and innovations.
- Building problem solving skills, presentation skills, communication skills, and independence.
- Building a sense of belonging to a strong community of students in TKS.
- Practicing gratitude, mindfulness and an increased level of thoughtfulness
At TKS, there is no typical session. Each week has a different theme that connects to a topic, skill, and mindset. Sessions are highly interactive, collaborative, and engaging. At TKS, students are given problems that don't have solutions. They are constantly pushed to think of new ways of doing things, rather than relying on the status quo.
You should consider this role if:
- You're mission and impact driven. You will play a massive role in shifting the trajectory of 100+ young people's lives who will change the world.
- You're a people builder at heart. You'll be a key influence in their lives and help them live a life of intention, wisdom and purpose.
- You understand how to communicate with children. You will help to lead discussions, breakout activities and mentorship sessions and can support students in achieving their potential.
- You love learning. You will learn about world problems, exponential technologies and strengthening your own technical and soft skill sets.
- You are a team player. You will be working in an entrepreneurial collaborative culture in a team to figure things out for making a big impact.
- You have a growth mindset. You will be supported with personal and professional growth in an open feedback culture.
- Co-facilitate the in-person program with Foundations students. Each cohort is 30 students and sessions occur on the weekends for three hours per session.
- Learn! You'll need to understand the curriculum and constantly be leveling up.
- Mentor students during the week and motivate them to make continuous progress.
- Provide students feedback on their projects and weekly requirements and provide individual mentorship to students wherever possible.
- Lead parent communications through regular newsletters and check-ins.
- Arrange high-impact opportunities for students i.e. speakers, field trips, setting up workshops and organizing events.
Types of backgrounds we look for:
- 1+ years work experience (summer work experience counts!)
- Prior experience working with young people in a camp environment, youth program or school setting ideally with students 11-13 years.
Nice to have (we'd love if you have experience in at least one of the following areas):
- Worked with a start-up/tech company
- Done something unconventional.
Type of person we're looking for:
- You have high energy and enthusiasm!!
- You love working with and motivating driven and curious young people.
- You are excited about solving world problems through exponential technologies.
- You are a thinker who enjoys philosophy and psychology.
- You have high standards.
- You are organized, and have great networking and communication skills.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible hours – this isn't a 9-5 Monday to Friday job. Oustide of the weekend cohort sessios, you set your own working hours. We just care about results.
- Attend world-class conferences and events with the TKS students (i.e. C2, Google's Think Telecom, World Summit AI, etc.).
- Network with influential people and recieve direct mentiorship from the diverse director leadership community.
- Build strong relationships with the next-generation of unicorn people.
- Access to exclusive TKS program content so that you are always be learning!.
- Competitive compensation.
- Tons of autonomy and responsibility in our results-driven environment.
- Work with smart people who enjoy high-quality conversations.
Interested in applying?