Want to disrupt education & impact billions?
- Excited about emerging tech
- Passionate about mentoring
It's so clear to me that TKS alumni will start billion-dollar companies that tackle important problems."
Students in the Toronto program all came in as curious teenagers who didn't know anything about these technologies but are now working on some groundbreaking projects in as little as 7 months.
Here are some examples, (and there are many more!):
+ Synex Medical: A device that can non-invasively measure blood glucose and cholesterol levels without penetrating the skin.
+ Mind control: Controlling a prosthetic arm with your mind (Brain-Computer Interfaces)
+ WaypointAR: Indoor way-finding application using AR/computer vision WITHOUT using beacons.
+ Sharing genomics data on the Blockchain.
+ Cured Muscular Dystrophy in mice and now on human trials.
+ Simulated molecules with various Quantum Machines, precursors for simulated drug discovery (given the limited qubits we have).
+ Using Generative Adversarial Neural Networks for anomaly detection based on medical images.
We're seeing these types of results at scale and we need your help to drive them!
You should consider this role if:
+ You love learning: You will learn about all of these exponential technologies at a 2X level of depth, enough to keep up with an industry experts
+ Meeting smart/connected people is a priority: Build meaningful relationships with some of the smartest people in the world locally and globally as the leading evangelist for TKS in your city
+ Mission and impact driven: You will play a massive role in materially changing the trajectory of 80 young people's lives who will also go on to change the world. There are not enough smart people in the world working on hard problems, this needs to change and you'll help do that in a big way
+ People developer at heart: You'll be the #1 influence in their lives and help them become happy, healthy, wise, and purposeful people.
This role is like a partner at Y Combinator, but instead of building unicorn companies, we're building unicorn people who will go on to build unicorn companies and impact billions. Vinod Kholsa in a recent interview with Sam Altman talked about how he has methods to 100X GDP on every metric besides government spending, but what he's lacking is the people to do it. Let's change that.
- Facilitate the in-person program with TKS students. Each cohort is 30-40 students and sessions occur once/week for 3 hours.
- Learn! You'll need to understand all the new emerging technologies and sciences that are shaping the future.
- Mentor students during the week and motivate them to make continuous progress.
- Give them detailed feedback on their projects, articles, and videos - which they'll create during the program.
- Create high impact opportunities, like hosting a speaker, setting up a themed workshop (e.g. blockchain), and organizing events (e.g. tour of startup offices). The goal is to create experiences to give students exposure to the real world.
- Overall, your job is to make these kids legit!
Types of backgrounds we look for:
- Required: 5-10 years work experience. We're looking for people that have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- You've been in a leadership role with a startup.
- You've been a startup founder
- You've worked at a top-tier tech company.
- You've worked at a top-tier management consulting firm.
- You've done something unconventional.
Type of person we're looking for:
- You love working with ambitious young people.
- You are excited about exponential technologies.
- You are a thinker who enjoys philosophy and psychology.
- You have high energy.
- You have high standards.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation (no, you don't have to take a huge paycut).
- Equity sharing model in TKS-founded companies.
- Access to exclusive TKS content (should always be learning!).
- Flexible Hours - set your own working hours, we just care about results.
- Attend world-class conferences and events.
- Network with influential people.
- Build strong relationships with the next-generation of unicorn people.