Careers | Associate Director
Want to disrupt education & impact billions?
We're looking for directors who are:
- Excited about emerging tech
- Passionate about mentoring
- Mission driven to make an impact
About The Knowledge Society
It's so clear to me that TKS alumni will start billion-dollar companies that tackle important problems."
We are looking for full-time Associate Directors to help lead our programs in Seattle, Vancouver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Ottawa, Boston, Toronto and New York.
Your job will be to help build "Olympic level" CEOs, innovators, thought leaders, and researchers who will create an exciting future. You'll be working with cohorts of 30-40 students per cohort. The program is held in person on the weekends and runs for a duration of ten months.
Since the program is held on the weekend, your week will be flexible – you should spend this time learning and optimizing yourself. At TKS, we've developed a learning process and curriculum that's designed to build super-powered young people in a short period of time. You should expect to grow significantly in this role and learn about cutting-edge technologies and sciences.
Students in the founding Toronto program all came in as curious teenagers who didn't know anything about technology – but they are now working on groundbreaking projects in as little as seven months. Some examples include:
- Synex Medical: A device that can non-invasively measure blood glucose and cholesterol levels without penetrating the skin
- WaypointAR: Indoor way-finding application using AR/computer vision without using beacons
- Brain-computer interfaces: Controlling a prosthetic arm with your mind
- Sharing genomics data on the blockchain
- Cured muscular dystrophy in mice – now in human trials
- Simulated molecules with various quantum machines, precursors for simulated drug discovery
Using generative adversarial neural networks for anomaly detection based on medical images.
You should consider this role if:
- You love learning: You will learn about exponential technologies at an extreme level of depth, enough to keep up with industry experts
- Meeting smart/connected people is a priority for you: Build meaningful relationships with some of the smartest people in the world locally and globally as the leading evangelist for TKS in your city
- You're mission and impact driven: You will play a massive role in changing the trajectory of 80 young people's lives who will change the world.
- You're a people developer at heart: You'll be the #1 influence in their lives and help them become happy, healthy, wise, and purposeful people.
- You are a team player. You will be working in an entrepreneurial collaborative culture in your team to figure things out for making a big impact.
- You have growth mindset. You will be supported for personal and professional growth with open feedback culture and personal mentorship.
- Facilitate the in-person program with TKS students. Each cohort is 30-40 students and sessions occur on the weekends for three hours per session.
- Learn! You'll need to understand new emerging technologies and sciences that are shaping the future.
- Mentor students during the week and motivate them to make continuous progress.
- Give students detailed feedback on their projects, articles, and videos - which they'll create during the program.
- Create high-impact opportunities, like hosting a speaker, setting up a themed workshop (e.g. blockchain), and organizing events (e.g. tour of startup offices). The goal is to create experiences to give students exposure to the real world.
- Overall, your job is to make these kids legit!
Types of backgrounds we look for:
- Required: 1-3 years work experience.
We're looking for people who have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- You've been in a leadership role with a startup.
- You've worked with a startup founder.
- You've worked at a top-tier tech company.
- You've worked at a top-tier management consulting firm.
- Strong background in scienfic or technical research at a Masters or PhD level.
- You've done something unconventional.
Type of person we're looking for:
- You love working with ambitious young people.
- You are excited about exponential technologies.
- You are a thinker who enjoys philosophy and psychology.
- You have high energy.
- You have high standards.
- You are organized, and have great networking and communication skills.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation (no, you don't have to take a huge paycut).
- Access to exclusive TKS content so that you are always be learning!.
- Flexible hours – this isn't a 9 to 5 job, you set your own working hours, we just care about results (so be willing to give 100%!).
- Attend world-class conferences and events.
- Network with influential people and recieve direct mentiorship from the diverse director leadership community.
- Build strong relationships with the next-generation of unicorn people.